G-TAP® G Series is a high-density and economical tapping system developed for optical networks that supports different media types from 10/100/1000Mb to 10 Gb, 40Gb and 100Gb Ethernet and 40Gb BiDi. With the modular G-TAP system, you can TAP multiple uplinks, often combining a mixture of modes and split ratios in the same chassis.
G-TAP devices are fault-tolerant to ensure seamless monitoring and zero downtime. They are completely passive optical devices requiring no power source and no software to operate. The external G-TAP G Series system complements award-winning GigaVUE® visibility nodes, combining high network TAP density, optimal use of rack space and economical pricing to create a flexible, one-stop network visibility solution.
Features and Benefits
- Completely passive optical devices requiring no power source to operate
- 1/2RU chassis conserves space
- Supports up to eight full duplex links per chassis
- TAP modules support optical network options allowing mixed media and split ratios
- Each module has two full duplex links to conserve space and maximize TAP density