Gigamon Inc. (Gigamon) is dedicated to the creation and delivery of high quality products. To ensure continued innovation, Gigamon may periodically elect to discontinue speciﬁc parts or products.
Reasons for discontinuing products vary, but common justiﬁcations include:
- Technical advancements within the industry make products or components obsolete Market demand for the product no longer justiﬁes the use of development resources
- Market opportunities shift corporate priorities
- The product has simply reached the end of its natural lifecycle
In order to assist customers and partners in a seamless transition process and to help them understand the role Gigamon plays in helping with migration to alternative Gigamon solutions, we are providing this End Of Sale and End Of Life policy.
Gigamon’s discontinuance of a product generally begins with an End Of Sale (EOS) announcement. When Gigamon announces EOS, its support policies for the applicable product shift and the product begins an End Of Life (EOL) transition period, which is generally 5 years from the EOS date. During the transition period, Gigamon recommends that Customers begin moving to alternative Gigamon product offerings, however, Gigamon will continue to support EOS product assets covered under active Gigamon Product Support and Software Maintenance Agreement (“Support Agreement”). Once EOL is complete, an announcement is made and Gigamon will no longer provide any support for the product.
The following are general guidelines for the discontinuation of sales and support for Gigamon products:
- A Gigamon product is an EOS product when Gigamon removes it from, or identifies the product as EOS on the Gigamon price list and the product is then no longer generally available. Gigamon will provide EOS Notiﬁcation to customers on the Gigamon Customer Portal and Gigamon Partner Portal. In some cases, customers may be contacted directly.
- Gigamon will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide approximately 30 days advance written notice of EOS of a product to Authorized Resellers and Distributors. Gigamon typically provides notice of End of Sale six (6) months prior to EOS. At the time of EOS, Gigamon management will determine what Software and Product Support Agreement renewal restrictions will be placed on the EOS product during the transition period. EOL generally will not take effect until Gigamon has satisfied its support and maintenance obligations for EOS product assets covered under active Support Agreements. Gigamon will comply with ongoing legal duties as required by local laws to support products on a time and material basis.
- An EOS or EOL will not change the Gigamon Limited Warranty applicable to affected Gigamon hardware or software.
- Please reference the Gigamon Customer Portal and Gigamon Partner Portal for the latest lifecycle status of products and software.
- Under this EOS/EOL policy, customers will continue to have access to the latest Long Term Supported (LTS) release of software for maintenance corrections for the duration of the Limited Software Warranty period. EOS products follow an N-0 software code policy. The LTS version of code available at the time of EOS continues to exist, but enhancements cease at EOS. As new versions of software code are released, they will not be made available for EOS or EOL products.
- Bug ﬁxes will be reduced to hot patch or maintenance releases for severe software issues only. All bug ﬁxes cease at EOL. Details on release information is available in our Software Release Policy.
- Gigamon will update the EOS/EOL Product List on the Gigamon Customer Portal and Gigamon Partner Portal
- All support for the identified product terminates at the EOL date.
- EOS products follow an N-0 software code policy. The LTS version of code available at the time of EOS continues to exist. As new versions of software code are released, they will not be made available for EOS or EOL products. Bug fixes will be reduced to hot patch or maintenance releases for severe software issues only. All bug fixes cease at EOL.
- Enhancements follow an N-0 policy for EOS products. Enhancements cease at EOS.
The policies listed above are general policies and may vary from product to another.
Please review the current Software Versions listing on our Gigamon Customer Portal and Gigamon Partner Portal for the latest status of products