Bolstered by Gigamon expert discussions around cybersecurity, eliminating blind spots, and threat intelligence, the company will exhibit market-leading solutions to strengthen hybrid cloud security
Santa Clara, CA – August 02, 2022 – Gigamon, the leader in deep observability, today announced its participation at Black Hat USA 2022 from August 8-11 in Las Vegas, NV. At Booth #2555, the company will showcase the Gigamon Hawk Deep Observability Pipeline, which harnesses actionable network-level intelligence to amplify the power of cloud, security, and observability tools. The company will also highlight Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT™, the first network detection and response (NDR) solution to provide 365-day rich network metadata retention.
According to the Gigamon State of Ransomware 2022 and Beyond report, 59 percent of organizations believe ransomware attacks have worsened in the last three months. A recent IBM report showed the average cost of a data breach is 4.35 million dollars and 83 percent of organizations have had more than one data breach, showing that data breaches are incredibly costly. To combat these rising threats, deep observability provides actionable network-level intelligence to detect threats and help mitigate risk and ease operational complexity. Additionally, nearly 60 percent of IT leaders report being risk-averse due to a dramatic increase in cloud-based data breaches. These threats are often unseen and are the most likely to disrupt business continuity and permanently damage consumer confidence – which just happens to be this year’s Black Hat theme, officially titled, “What you [don’t] see is what you get.”
“Limited visibility into the potential threats within your network can leave you in the dark,” said Chris Borales, senior product marketing manager at Gigamon. “With the Gigamon Hawk Deep Observability Pipeline and Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT, organizations can turn the lights on. Having the ability to proactively detect and respond to threats helps level the playing field with attackers to stay a step ahead of them. We’re excited to showcase our solutions at Black Hat that help IT organizations to mitigate risk and realize the full transformational promise of the cloud.”
Booth visitors can learn more about Gigamon solutions that help mitigate unseen threats. This includes:
Gigamon Hawk Deep Observability Pipeline enables IT professionals to:
- Eliminate security and performance blind spots
- Assure security and compliance governance
- Remove performance bottlenecks
Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT Guided-SaaS NDR equips security teams with:
- Up to 365-day metadata retention, 10x longer data retention than other NDR offerings
- Guided playbooks and observations that empower investigators to identify attackers based on real-world behaviors and anomalous network activity
- Faster coordination and more effective threat hunting efforts via parallel investigations
- Detection activity is mapped to the MITRE ATT&CK framework
In addition to visiting the Gigamon team at booth #2555 or online, be sure to:
- Play a game! Throughout the event, whether attending the show in-person or virtually, join a virtual scavenger hunt August 10-11 to win exciting prizes! Stay tuned to the Gigamon social channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) for contest guidelines and clues
- Schedule a meeting! Email MeetatBlackHat@gigamon.com to set up a meeting with a member of the team to discuss Gigamon Hawk and ThreatINSIGHT in greater detail
- Listen to our experts! On Wednesday, August 10 at 8:00 am PST, join Borales as he leads a virtual session on how to use attackers’ strengths against them and how security operations center (SOC) teams can leverage network-level intellgience and network metadata to hunt for attackers
Finally, follow Gigamon on Twitter @Gigamon, and use #BHUSA when tweeting to stay up to date on the latest news and activities at @BlackHatEvents.
Gigamon® offers a deep observability pipeline that harnesses actionable network-level intelligence to amplify the power of observability tools. This powerful combination helps enable IT organizations to assure security and compliance governance, speed root-cause analysis of performance bottlenecks, and lower operational overhead associated with managing hybrid and multi-cloud IT infrastructures. The result: modern enterprises realize the full transformational promise of the cloud. Gigamon serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide, including over 80 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises, 9 of the 10 largest mobile network providers, and hundreds of governments and educational organizations worldwide. To learn more, please visit gigamon.com.
© 2022 Gigamon. All rights reserved. Gigamon and the Gigamon logo are trademarks of Gigamon in the United States and/or other countries. Gigamon trademarks can be found at www.gigamon.com/legal-trademarks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Gigamon Media Contact: