Inspecting long data flows hogs bandwidth and causes unnecessary processing burdens on tools. (A flow is an HTTP session or any general TCP/UDP session.)
GigaSMART® Advanced Flow Slicing application eliminates these issues by slicing payloads and packets from long data flow. This allows network operation teams and service providers, including those running 5G networks, to forward the first set of packets in the flow, then slice or drop the rest — saving your bandwidth and increasing tool effectiveness.
Benefits of Advanced Flow Slicing:
- Reduces traffic sent to tools by more than 60 percent
- Avoids costly tool upgrades to inspect unnecessary traffic
- Improves overall tool efficiency and effectiveness
- Retains complete visibility into each flow’s establishment
- Interoperable with all major protocols including GPRS Tunneling Protocol
Advanced Flow Slicing is now part of our Gigamon NetVUE™ for Network Operations bundle.