Date: February 09, 2021February 09 2021
Hear guest speaker David Holmes talk about his recent Forrester research paper: “Maintaining Visibility in the TLS 1.3 Era.” Holmes will share how three internet protocols will soon be modified to enhance consumer and citizen privacy while having a detrimental effect when used in an enterprise.
The coming changes, TLS 1.3, DNS-over-HTTPS and encrypted SNI, will mask or remove the metadata that both snoopers rely on (for nefarious tracking) and IT rely on (to protect the organization’s users). Holmes will share how quickly these changes are coming, and which security monitoring tools will be affected first.
- What changes are coming and how they impact network visibility
- Which tools are at risk of going dark in the new world
- How long architects have to turn the lights back on
- How IT security can mitigate the impact of what’s coming
- Where DNS security is headed
David Holmes, Senior Analyst, Forrester
Rami Rammaha, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Gigamon