In contrast to many on-premises infrastructures, private clouds offer fully secured and automated environments with IT control and on-demand scalability. Yet, private clouds are not without their challenges. First, to scale deployments with mission-critical applications, you will likely need additional servers, VMs, containers and monitoring tools. Second, to ensure that workloads are secure, compliant and performing optimally, you will need full packet and application visibility to the traffic between VMs and containers.
That is where GigaVUE Cloud Suite™ — part of the Gigamon Deep Observability Pipeline — comes in. With it, you get certified private-cloud solutions for Kubernetes, Nutanix, OpenStack and VMware. GigaVUE Cloud Suite acquires traffic from dynamic virtual environments, optimizes it, and then delivers only relevant traffic to monitoring and security tools. The results include:
- Deep observability into VMs and containers to recognize and block laterally spreading malware
- Automated identification of new workloads while scaling and configuring the fabric as needed
- Improved tool capacity by offloading compute-intensive tasks and streamlining traffic to tools
- Unified multi-cloud orchestration and management with a single-pane-of-glass fabric manager
- Plaintext visibility of encrypted traffic for hybrid cloud workloads using Gigamon Precryption™ technology