Gigamon customers increasingly rely on the company’s deep observability pipeline to better manage and secure their hybrid cloud infrastructure
Santa Clara, Calif. - Oct. 24, 2023 — Gigamon, the leading deep observability company, has been recognized again as the leading vendor in the deep observability market, according to a newly published report by market research firm 650 Group. The deep observability market grew 60 percent in 2022 and continues to expand as organizations increasingly embrace hybrid cloud infrastructure, with a forecasted CAGR of 50 percent and projected revenue of nearly $2B in 2027, according to the report.
Today, 90 percent of organizations operate in a hybrid and multi-cloud environment, and this shift has created new challenges around security, delivering consistent digital experiences, and operational overhead. The Gigamon Deep Observability Pipeline efficiently delivers network-derived intelligence to cloud, security, and observability tools, helping customers to eliminate security blind spots and better secure their hybrid cloud infrastructure. More than 4,000 customers worldwide have shifted to a proactive security posture with Gigamon, extending beyond current observability approaches that rely exclusively on metrics, events, logs, and traces (MELT).
“Despite macroeconomic headwinds, deep observability remains a high-growth segment as organizations focus on managing the complexity of their multi-cloud infrastructure amid today’s constantly changing threat landscape,” said Alan Weckel, founder and technology analyst at 650 Group. “We believe deep observability is not a ‘nice to have’ but is now a critical requirement for all enterprise operations teams, in order to deliver the performance and security today’s digital infrastructure requires. Gigamon continues to both lead and innovate in this critical segment with unique, value-added capabilities like Precryption™ technology and Application Metadata Intelligence, helping organizations secure their hybrid cloud infrastructure.”
The deep observability market is an emerging segment within the observability market and includes probes and agents sold as standalone systems and charged separately from other observability systems, according to 650 Group. Additional qualifiers for inclusion in the report include:
- The ability to inspect and gather network, security, and computing traffic by extracting event metadata from packets or computing infrastructure is a separate set of tools beyond event-based logging
- May be hardware probes or virtual agents
- Must maintain multi-vendor support
- Must support multiple networks, such as public cloud, private data centers, and colocation deployments
- Should be interoperable with numerous observability platform data lakes
Key findings from the 650 Group’s “Deep Observability Quarterly Market and Long-Term Forecast Report” report include:
- Deep observability market revenue is projected to be $505M in 2023, with a revenue growth of 52 percent to reach $769M in 2024.
- Cloud-delivered deep observability offerings are projected to drive the highest revenue in future years accounting for 51 percent of the nearly $2B in revenue by 2027.
- North America drove 60 percent in the first half and is expected to continue to deliver a majority of the revenue through 2027, followed by Europe and then Asia Pacific (Excluding China).
- The report indicates that cloud and subscription-based offerings should comprise the majority of revenue during the forecast period.
- Vendors included in the report include Arista, Gigamon, Kentik, Keysight, and Netscout.
Gigamon® offers a deep observability pipeline that efficiently delivers network-derived intelligence to cloud, security, and observability tools. This helps eliminate security blind spots and reduce tool costs, enabling you to better secure and manage your hybrid cloud infrastructure. Gigamon serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide, including over 80 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises, 9 of the 10 largest mobile network providers, and hundreds of governments and educational organizations worldwide. To learn more, please visit www.gigamon.com.
About 650 Group
650 Group is a leading Market Intelligence Research firm for communications, data center, and cloud markets. Our team has decades of research experience, has worked in the technology industry, and is actively involved in standards bodies. 650 Group focuses on leading-edge market trends and research and prides itself on first to market research with over 12 research programs focused on Cloud trends. For more information, visit: https://650Group.com
© 2023 Gigamon. All rights reserved. Gigamon and the Gigamon logo are trademarks of Gigamon in the United States and/or other countries. Gigamon trademarks can be found at www.gigamon.com/legal-trademarks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Gigamon Media Contact: