Small Form-Factor Visibility Fabric Node
Built upon the success and functionality of the GigaVUE® H Series, the GigaVUE-HB1 represents the first fixed-configuration Visibility Fabric™ node within the series. At just 1RU, the small form-factor fabric node can extend traffic visibility to more remote portions of the network running critical applications that require monitoring.
The GigaVUE-HB1 easily handles traffic with up to four (4) 10Gb ports and sixteen (16) 1Gb ports available for any combination of monitoring and tool ports. Although designed as an entry-level fabric node, the GigaVUE-HB1 includes GigaSMART® intelligence. Optional GigaSMART functions including de-duplication, Adaptive Packet Filtering, NetFlow Generation, packet slicing, masking, source port labeling, header stripping, and tunneling create a robust distributed monitoring solution anywhere space is at a premium. Combining the power of the Gigamon Visibility Fabric™ architecture and the flexibility of the GigaSMART packet processing engine, vital traffic and packet flows can be replicated onsite at remote locations, filtered, sliced, and tunneled back to a centralized monitoring location.
The GigaVUE-HB1 provides visibility out to distributed processing centers or regional operation hubs that collect and aggregate data and would be too costly to deploy individual analysis tools at each site. The GigaVUE-HB1 is suitable for situations where critical server processing is taking place in isolated wiring closets. Since the GigaVUE-HB1 operates on the same code base, it can be clustered together with other GigaVUE H Series nodes for a powerful Visibility Fabric architecture.
Features & Benefits
- Intelligent GigaVUE H Series Flow Mapping® filtering capabilities for a powerful mapping engine
- Optional GigaSMART advanced packet modification including de-duplication for tool optimization, masking to address compliance concerns, Adaptive Packet Filtering to enable visibility into encapsulated flows, NetFlow Generation and tunneling for extended visibility
- Supports both 1Gb and 10Gb connections in a low profile 1RU chassis suitable for smaller environments
- Clustering capability of up to four (4) fabric nodes for a scalable monitoring infrastructure
- Remote locations where traffic needs to be masked, sliced, or de-duplicated prior to being tunneled back to a centralized monitoring facility
- Pervasive visibility into traffic flows of interest with the option of summarized NetFlow statistics across remote sites
- Organizations with distributed processing centers or regional operation hubs such as cellular, power grid, and oil and gas·
- Environments requiring visibility where space is at a premium like isolated wiring closets running critical servers
GigaVUE-HB1 Nodes and GigaSMART Licenses
branch node, 4 10G cages, 8 1G cages, 8 1G copper, Fans, AC power
GVS-HB102-0416: GigaVUE-HB1-0416 branch node, 4 10G cages, 8 1G cages, 8 1G copper, Fans, DC power
SMT-HB1-BSE: GigaSMART, HB
license combo, includes Slice, Masking, & Source Port features
SMT-HB1-DD1: GigaSMART, HB license, De-Duplication feature
SMT-HB1-HS1: GigaSMART, HB license, Header Stripping feature
SMT-HB1-TUN: GigaSMART, HB license, Tunneling feature
SMT-HB0-APF: GigaSMART, HB license, Adaptive Packet Filtering feature
SMT-HB0-NF1: GigaSMART, HB license, NetFlow Generation feature