For anyone in IT security, the staggering 114 percent increase in remote work created a mad scramble to secure devices and an increased attack surface. Now we have the hard numbers to quantify that chaos in a sweeping new report.
CyberEdge surveyed 600 IT security pros across 7 countries and 19 industries and compiled the responses to reveal the true impact of COVID-19 on enterprise-level security:
- Three out of four respondents, or 75 percent, now prefer cloud-based solutions
- 67 percent of IT security teams experienced staffing challenges
- 59 percent reported a spike in adoption of BYOD policies
- Four in five, or 81 percent of IT security professionals, want to continue remote work
- 43 percent of enterprises are investing in third-party risk management
The dust may have settled, but budgets and security will always be priorities. Read the full report, then learn more about how Gigamon can help you continue to cut costs, optimize tools and save big in the new normal.