The GigaBPS is a fiber optic bypass tap module for the GigaVUE-2404 that supports two bypass switches for the integration of an inline tool such as an IPS, firewall, or DPI device. It offers both active and passive bypass protection to the inline tools. Traffic entering and leaving the in-line tool can be replicated, aggregated, and filtered to the listen-only tools. This integration allows checking against false positives or false negatives brought by the connected tool. The GigaVUE-2404 can host up to two GigaBPS modules for a total of four active bypass switch nodes.
The GigaBPS monitors link status of ports connected to the inline tool. A link down event will trigger an active bypass failover. In the event of a power failure; the GigaVUE®, relays will close to achieve a passive bypass state to both connected end points.
Heartbeat packets are sent through the inline tool to check against any failure to the tool. The heartbeat packets are sent in either direction or in both directions at the same time to provide statistics available via the CLI or Citrus GUI.
Features & Benefits
- Eliminate tool failure on inline network links
- Protect network connections from appliance failure
- Heartbeat packet ensures inline tool status
- Allows GigaVUE-2404 to support in-line security devices
- Monitor data from inline links with security and application monitoring tools
- Failsafe insertion of inline IPS security devices
- Failsafe insertion of Layer 7 firewalls and inline NAC devices
- BPS-GV6-X20020: 10GigaBPS-2SR in-line bypass module for GigaVUE-2404
- BPS-GV6-X30020: 10GigaBPS-2LR in-line bypass module for GigaVUE-2404
- BPS-GV6-G20020: 1GigaBPS-2SX in-line bypass module for GigaVUE-2404
- BPS-GV6-G30020: 1GigaBPS-2LX in-line bypass module for GigaVUE-2404